The Ministry of Agriculture and subordinate institutions work in the following fields:
- Rural development
- Forest industry
Before implementation of Namejs
- Previously the Ministry used a system with limited functionality and during the course of time its performance degraded;
- At each structural unit of the Ministry different systems were used, therefore the electronic team work was difficult;
- Some types of documents were registered with the electronic spread sheets or paper registries of structural units.
- The number of structural units at the Ministry and its departmental institutions is high and the institutions are geographically spread;
- Large amount of documents processed daily and high number of employees involved in the processes;
- Complex internal and external communication processes;
- Necessity to optimise and automate routine work.
The created solution is a joint and safe information space of the Ministry of Agriculture and all structural units – a digital working environment that ensures automatic and electronic flow of information, document and e-services at the Ministry and six subordinate institutions and their structural units in Latvia.
- Implemented indexing of documents;
- Implemented document flow;
- Implemented document flow between institutions;
- Automation of implemented processes;
- Implementation of electronic signature;
- Integration with e-mail;
- Special control created to trace the Cabinet documents;
- Namejs is integrated with the client management solution;
- Namejs is integrated with the finance management system.
As a result of implementation of Namejs
- The Ministry of Agriculture, its subordinate institutions and structural units have been united in a joint information environment, thereby ensuring a safe, quick and time and resources-wise efficient information and document flow at the entire field of agriculture;
- Management of organisational processes (tasks, control, coordination) is fully ensured;
- Information processing in one system has been implemented in the entire field;
- Continuity of work processes – the system can be used from any place in the work with Internet access, as well as it can be used with any device;
- Endorsement and signing of documents is legally correct;
- A client-oriented approach has been implemented – information from the client service centre reaches the system immediately;
- Automatic and electronic life cycle of all documents, flow and flow of information, documents and e-services;
- Ensured standardisation of organisational processes – document flow, task management, meeting management, event management and control – within an institution and the entire field;
- Support of unique business processes of each institution is ensured;
- Doubling of information is prevented;
- Integration of information space with other information systems (Human Resources system, Client management system, Financial management system etc.);
- Decision-making and document management process has become transparent.