The Jelgava Municipality includes 13 parishes: Eleja, Glūda, Jaunsvirlauka, Kalnciems, Lielplatone, Līvbērze, Platone, Sesava, Svēte, Valgunde, Vilce, Vircava and Zaļenieki parish. Each parish is divided in rural territories and villages.
Before implementation of Namejs
After the regional reform that brought together 13 parishes in the Jelgava Municipality it was a challenge to work in a coordinated manner. Initially, transportation of documents from parish boards to municipality administration was performed by transporting them and coordinating via e-mail. As a result, it was difficult to trace processes, processing of documents was time-consuming, as well as sometimes documents were lost or delayed during transportation. Therefore it was challenging to provide inhabitants timely and qualitative services.
Namejs was implemented step by step in line with priorities of the Jelgava Municipality: starting with indexing of correspondence, preparation of resolutions and transferring work tasks to executors. Indexing of other document types was added gradually.
In the next stage, meeting management was implemented at the council meetings and the process of document development and coordination. As the last stage, the electronic voting was implemented at the council meetings.
The following options were implemented:
- Analysis of information flow in the Jelgava Municipality was performed, creating descriptions of business processes for municipality information and document management processes;
- Automatic processing of received documents;
- Automatic processing of documents to be sent;
- Development, coordination, planning, registering, publishing of agenda of the council meetings at the municipality website www.jelgavasnovads.lv and use of information;
- Electronic process of the council meetings, including electronic voting;
- Processing of the staff information;
- Processing of documents related to procurement procedure.